top of page

Graduation - Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for graduation?

If a student has completed, or is in the process of completing, all requirements for graduation, Records & Reg will prompt the student to apply for Undergraduate Degree Application via prior to the deadline. You should quickly review your Progress Report to also verify that you will complete all college and departmental requirements prior to the anticipated graduation date. (120 total credits, 45 upper-division, 90 liberal arts, GE requirements, etc.). If any credits are lacking, you will receive a Graduation Deficiency Notice.

Students may “walk” in commencement ceremonies in May if they intend to finish graduation requirements in the summer. In that case the degree will be conferred in August.


Graduation requirements can be waived only by the Dean or the Provost.

bottom of page